Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meals for the week of...February 1, 2010

Can you believe it's February already? One full month of meal planning down! I'm loving coming up with the meals and planning ahead with the hope that it helps out by giving some of you ideas or even a full plan. I used to cook the same items that I posted but a few weeks ago I skipped ahead a week so I could take pictures to include with the recipes. I'm not a professional photographer (as you can tell) but I think a few pictures make the meals more enticing! Hope these meals get your February off to a great start.

Monday: Rotisserie Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Vegetables

Tuesday: Fiesta Ravioli

Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Soup and Salad

Thursday: Toasted Pesto Bagel Sandwiches and Baked French Fries

Friday: Frozen Chinese Meal



Rotisserie Chicken Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Vegetables
Save the leftover chicken from tonight to use the chicken noodle soup for later in the week. Instead of baking the sweet potatoes I microwave them to save time. The veggies I made were some sort of frozen cheesy broccoli as I am trying to use up items I have in my freezer.


Fiesta Ravioli
1 package (25 oz) frozen Beef Ravioli
1 can (10 oz) Enchilada Sauce
1 jar (8 oz) Salsa
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained

Cook ravioli according to package. Meanwhile in large skillet combine enchilada sauce and salsa. Cook and stir over medium heat, until heated through. Drain ravioli; add to sauce. Top with cheese and olives. Cover and cook over low heat 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.


Chicken Noodle Soup and Salad
2 boxes chicken broth
1 package family size frozen Egg Noodles
Rotisserie chicken, cut up into bite-size pieces (I'm using leftovers from Monday)
sliced baby carrots (steamed in the microwave for several minutes to soften)
sliced celery
lemon pepper

Pre-washed, pre-cut bagged lettuce and desired toppings for salad
(Sorry about the odd looking salad - I forgot to take the picture until after I started eating...oops! Please forgive me.)

Heat chicken broth to boiling. Following package directions, prepare egg noodles properly before adding to broth. Cook sliced baby carrots in microwave, slightly covered, to soften before adding to broth. When broth begins to boil add egg noodles, celery, carrots, chicken, and desired amount of lemon pepper for seasoning and cook until vegetables and noodles are soft.


Toasted Pesto Bagel Sandwiches and French Fries

This recipe is one I made up in college when I ate a similar bagel sandwich at a local bagel shop.

Bagels (I like the onion or everything)
Pesto sauce
Cream cheese
Deli sliced ham
Tomato
Clover sprouts
1 package frozen french fries

Toast bagel and spread cream cheese on one half of an open bagel and pesto on the other half. Add ham, tomato, and sprouts (and any other desired toppings) to bagel sandwich. While making sandwiches, bake french fries.


Frozen Chinese Meal
At our local grocery store I find lots of great Chinese meals that I buy when they are on sale. They make for easy, quick meals that are not your typical frozen entree.


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE your pesto bagel sandwiches!! If I remember correctly you also made it with turkey which is equally delicious!! I think I'll be making those and some chicken noodle soup very soon - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyle. Thanks for your post and link to this blog! I'll certainly check it out. Have a great start to February!

    ReplyDelete