Monday, March 8, 2010

Meals for the week of...March 15, 2010

Monday: Corn Chowder and Crescent Rolls - from my friend Natalie. YUM!!

Tuesday: Breakfast - Eggs, Toast, and Hashbrowns

Wednesday: Red and White Pasta Bake, Steamed Veggies, and French Bread
I gave this recipe out about a month ago. I made it again for some friends we had over. Even the kids loved it! I originally found this on Real Mom Kitchen

Thursday: Freezer Meal - Use anything you can find from your freezer. Pizza, lasagna, chinese meals...the possibilities are endless!

Friday: Left over Red and White Pasta Bake


Corn Chowder and Crescent Rolls
**You will need to double this recipe if you are making it for more than 2 people.**

1/2 c sliced (I diced) onions
1/2 c (I used only 1/4 c) butter
1 10 oz can cream style corn (I think mine we 15 oz)
1 10 oz can kernal corn (I think mine was 15 oz)
1/2 c half and half (fat free works well)
1 c chopped ham
1/8 t pepper

Saute onions in butter and add rest. Cook on low heat. Need to double recipe if you making for more than 2 people. Serve with croutons or oyster crackers on top.

Cook crescent rolls according to package directions.


Breakfast for dinner! Eggs, Toast, and Hash Browns
1 bag frozen hash browns
Cook according to package directions

Eggs
Cook as desired. We made ours over easy and then chopped up the buttered toast and mixed the runny eggs into the bits of toast. YUM! Just how my dad used to make.

Toast, buttered


Red and White Pasta Bake
4 cups penne noodles
1 (15oz) jar Alfredo sauce (I used Ragu)
1 (24oz) jar Marinara sauce (I used Ragu)
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Refrigerated Bread Sticks

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
3. Mix the two sauces together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add mozzarella cheese and combine. Add drained pasta.
5. Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish and bake about 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes. (I also added some basil to mine before serving.)

French Bread - slice and butter one side of each piece. Wrap loaf in foil and bake in oven for the last few minutes with the pasta.


Freezer Meal
I think you get this one!


Leftover Red and White Pasta Bake
Reheat and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found you through theblogfrog.com. I like what I see. I too blog about food. Anyways, it would be great if you would also join halfhourmeals.com. I think you will like it and be an awesome addition to the group

    ReplyDelete